BCAP Logo

BCAP Logo

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Are You Sure It's JUST the Flu?


It’s the middle of November. Temperatures are dropping, the holidays are approaching, and at the most inconvenient time of the year, you get sick. Fever, headache, sore muscles and joints, stomachache, swollen lymph glands…the whole shebang. “I should have gotten that damn flu shot” you think to yourself, but it’s too late now so you just have to stick it out now. Weeks pass, and your symptoms don’t dissipate. Rather, they continually get worse, and you start sweating in your sleep. You don’t know what the hell is going on with your body, but a doctor will, so you schedule an appointment for tomorrow morning. The doctor will know what the virus is and how to best treat it, but do YOU know that the symptoms you are exhibiting not only pertain to the flu, but also to HIV?

I was shocked when I learned how unassuming the first symptoms of the HIV virus can be, so for this blog, I wanted to provide information to readers about how HIV affects the body and how the virus is detected. After infection, the HIV virus multiplies in the body and attacks the immune system. These attacks may result in flu-like symptoms, perhaps a skin rash for a few weeks, or potentially not yield any symptoms at all. In fact, if symptoms do not arise, people can lead seemingly healthy lives for years as their immune systems are attacked by the virus. It can take weeks or even months for the immune system to respond, and it is through the body’s response of producing antibodies that the virus can be detected. Blood tests as simple as a finger-prick can reveal the presence of these antibodies, resulting in a positive test for HIV. 

To provide a more personal perspective on the HIV testing process, contributing members of our group will participate in HIV detection tests throughout the next few weeks. We plan to discuss the technical aspects of testing as well as the emotional experience. We hope that our perspectives will provide transparency for the testing process and encourage testing amongst our peers. The symptoms are can be unassuming, if in doubt of a persistent, flu-like sickness, you can get tested too at BCAP or at Wardenburg free-of-charge. 

2 comments:

  1. They say HIV/AIDS has no cure but I stand to prove them wrong!!! My name is Leo from Republic of Congo. I have lived with HIV for so many years taking anti-retroviral drugs to subside the virus, to a point I was short of money buying the drugs. But not long ago I read about Iyabiye’s medication online, I decided to try him to see if what I read was true and behold it was all true. He administered his medication to me and after using it I became cured, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative meaning I am HIV free, no more worries and no more spending unnecessarily again. Contact him if you are interested: yabiyehealinghome@gmail.com or Call/Whatsapp: +2348072229413

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee.

    Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

    He’s waiting to help you.


    HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES;

    If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Diabetes, 1 or 2. , fibroids, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete